These words,
they are small and they are short.
These words,
they mean no harm and they do not know...
how much I have come to resent them.
Log
Peace
Later
Bye
These words,
they only mean to mark the passage of time
and the possibility of
see you next time.
And yet, and yet,
I've come to hate seeing them on the screen.
Each time, a small needle jabs at my heart.
Log
Peace
Later
Bye
send little shock waves through my veins.
I have learned to harden the fabric wrapping around my heart so I don't cry out or even react.
A slight cringe, inwardly, that's all I do now.
And, yes, I know,
Log
Peace
Later
Bye
do mean there will be a next time and the memories do not die --
will never die.
So,
Log
Peace
Later
Bye
For now...
No comments:
Post a Comment